UPCOMING AAMN EVENTS
- March 6, First ever AAMN “Day on the hill”, State Capitol Building – conference room 316 @ 1:00pm We have a real opportunity this year to get the word out about the benefits of passenger rail to new legislators in the MN House and Senate, and get more funding, Join US! Key Information:
- There will be a short program with key invited legislators, and key alliance groups such as NLX, Great River Rail Commission, ELPC, West Central Wisconsin Rail Coalition and others, along with key messaging and positioning from AAMN to take to your legislator!
- We are asking our members and friends to take the message about passenger rail and have short meetings with your own legislators in the House and Senate. Here is a link to find your legislator and set up a short meeting: https://www.gis.leg.mn/iMaps/districts/
- Please call us with any questions and RSVP to: [email protected], or call 612-781-2894. (We can help you set up your meetings too. If you don’t wish to meet with your legislator, then join us for the program! )
- Directions, Public Transportation options and parking for the State Capitol Building http://www.mnhs.org/capitol/visit/directions
PAST AAMN EVENTS
- November 17 – Annual Fall Membership Meeting – will be held at Christ the King Lutheran Church in Bloomington, 8400 Freemont Ave. S. Doors will open at 9:00am and the meeting will conclude at 12:00noon. We have an information packed meeting planned with an initial assessment of the mid-term elections and the impact on passenger rail, preview of proposed legislation to fund the MnDot State Rail Passenger office and planned routes, a preview of the new AAMN website, and much more! Please RSVP to: [email protected], or call 612-781-2894. A light lunch will be served after the meeting. We hope to see you there!
- LaCrosse Second Passenger Train Forum
- St. Cloud Second Passenger Train Forum
- Welcome “Summer by Rail” Intern, Jacob Wallace!
- Upper Midwest Rail Summit 6/1/18
- National Train Day 5/5/18
- Winona: Second Daily Amtrak Train Benefits 3/27/18