One of the things you can do is either call or email your US Representative, US Senator, and State Representatives to advocate funding for Amtrak, and passenger rail in general. All US and State offices tally citizen opinions on issues, its important that you speak up. Your voice is heard!
All Aboard Minnesota will keep you posted on important legislation, hearings, and events regarding passenger rail. We will contact you when your voice supporting passenger rail will be especially needed. It is organizations like us that influence, and educate our leaders to make things happen for more inter-city passenger trains!
Here are some ideas for you about how you can impact the passenger rail cause:
- Contact your state and congressional representatives.
- Tell them that you want more train service in and out of Minnesota.
- Urge them to support a second daytime train from Twin Cities to Chicago. This can be done now with minimal investment!
- Suggest any other routes that you think are important.
- Urge Congress to provide Amtrak with funds for more train cars so we can add more trains!
- Join us. Working together we can bring passenger trains back to Minnesota.